Nothing compares to a warm summers evening spent in the garden with loved ones, and the mouth-watering aroma of a freshly baked pizza straight from your own garden pizza oven. The outdoor ambiance and a home made Pizza creates unforgettable evenings (and even some tasty leftovers). We've worked hard on perfecting our own Prosciutto Pizza recipe that we'd love to share with you - so get your Kitchen Apron at the ready as we guide you through a pizza recipe designed specifically for our Gardenesque Outdoor Gas Pizza Oven, with ingredients available at your local market or supermarket.
- Pizza Dough
- Can be bought as a base, or you can make your own - we recommend this recipe!
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 10-12 fresh basil and rocket leaves, torn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 4-6 slices prosciutto, torn
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- sea salt flakes to taste
- Prepare your pizza dough according to the recipe, or grab your ready-made pizza base
- To make the Tomato Sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minted garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and dried oregano, season with salt and pepper until you’re satisfied with the taste.
- Simmer the sauce for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preparing the Pizza:
- Preheat your Outdoor Gas Pizza Oven to a high heat for at least 30 minutes to ensure it reaches the desired temperature.
- On a floured surface, place your pizza base on to a baking sheet and spread a generous amount of tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a small border for the crust.
- Arrange slices of fresh mozzarella on top of the sauce, followed by cherry tomatoes, black olives and torn prosciutto.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the toppings for added flavour.
- Place pizza in the pizza oven and let cook!
- Cooking the Pizza
- Keep a keen eye on your pizza to make sure it doesn’t burn! If you’re cooking using a homemade dough, it might take a little longer than a store-bought base to cook through and get crispy!
Once cooked to your liking, top with the fresh basil and serve alongside refreshments, with optional parmesan and olive oil on the side.
Take a photo and upload it to Instagram, make sure to tag @Gardenesque_UK so we can see what beautiful pizza’s you create!